5 Things You Can Do in 5 Minutes to Be a Smart Wife
As Spring Break still envelopes my entire being, I thought I would share with you some of my 5 minute quick fixes which help ground me during my children’s 2 week mutiny:
1. Journal – As much of a pain in the ass it can be to literally stop what I’m doing, sit down and just write down my feelings, usually within 2 minutes I start to gain perspective on what is really triggering my uneasy feelings. Hence, my world starts to feel a bit more manageable.
2. Make a coffee or cocktail date with a friend – Spending time with my closest girlfriends (especially over a vodka gimlet) is like medicine for my soul. So if every day life is starting to take it’s toll, email your closest gal pal with a few calendar dates and get a finite plan in the books. A smart wife makes sure she has play dates too.
3. Make an appointment with “exercise” – We’ve all been there where the inspired thought, “I’m gonna exercise today!” just doesn’t happen. That said, make yourself accountable and put it in the books as you would any other appointment. Most importantly, remember how the benefits of exercise influence your mental and physical well being.
4. Tidy up your house – Not to get all feng shui here, but when my physical surroundings are in more order I can definitely think and react to those around me with a clearer mind.
5. Plan a date night with your husband – Yes, the play dates should not end with just your gal pal. Also, if cost is a concern, check out my date night post from last year. Be creative, be smart, and book the next available Saturday night for the two of you.
And to any of you who are knee deep within your own Spring Break saga: May the force be with you…